I ran into a website today called “Interesting Questions” which had an amusing (almost child-like) list of very…..interesting questions. Some of my favorites:
1) Why does the sun lighten our hair but darken our skin?
2) Why is “abbreviated” such a long word?
3) Why do doctors call what they do “practice”?
4) Why is it that rain drops but snow falls?
5) Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor and dish-washing liquid made with real lemons?
6) Why isn’t there mouse-flavored cat food?
7) If you take an Asian person and spin him around several times, does he become disoriented?
8) What hair color do they put on the driver’s license of a bald man?
9) Why is it called “tourist season” if we can’t shoot at them?
10) Why isn’t “phonetic” spelled the way it sounds?
11) If a firefighter fights fire and a crime fighter fights crime, what does a freedom fighter fight?
12) If you squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do you get baby oil?
13) Why don’t sheep shrink when it rains?
14) Why are they called “apartments” when they’re all stuck together?
15) Is there another word for synonym?
16) If you try to fail but instead succeed, which have you done?
17) Whose cruel idea was it for the word “lisp” to have an “s” in it?
18) Would a fly without wings be called a “walk”?
19) Why aren’t eyebrows considered facial hair?
20) If slices of bread are square, then why is sandwich meat round?
21) If milk goes bad when not refrigerated, why don’t we refrigerate cows?
22) If parents tell their kids “Never take candy from strangers” then why do they celebrate Halloween?
23) If Mars had earthquakes would they be called marsquakes?
24) Do Chinese people get English sayings tattooed on their bodies?
25) Do glow-in-the-dark objects stop glowing when someone turns on the lights?
26) Do you wake up or open your eyes first?
27) How much deeper would the ocean be if sponges didn’t grow in it?
28) Why are dog’s noses always wet?
29) Why is it that no matter what color bubble bath you use, the bubbles are always white?
30) If superheros wear their underwear on the outside of their clothes, are they wearing any underwear at all?
31) Why does Pluto live in a dog house but Goofy lives in a condo?
32) Why doesn’t Winnie the Pooh ever get stung by bees?
33) If someone owns a piece of land, do they own it all the way to the center of the earth?
34) Why do they call him Donkey Kong if he is not a donkey?
35) In libraries, do they put the Bible in the fiction or non-fiction section?
36) How old do you have to be before people can say that you “died of old age”?
37) What happens when you put a light saber in water?
38) If nobody buys a ticket to a movie, do they still show it?
39) Do butterflies remember life as a caterpillar?
40) If you soak a raisin in water, does it turn back into a grape?
41) How important does a person have to be before they are considered “assassinated” instead of just murdered?
42) If a Smurf is choking, what color does it turn?
43) Why is it that people say they “sleep like a baby” when babies wake up every two hours?
44) Do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?
45) Did you just try singing the two songs above? :)
46) What is the speed of dark?
47) Why didn’t Noah swat those two mosquitoes?
48) Why ARE Trix only for kids?
49) Why do people talk about ‘girlie’ things but never ‘boyie’ things?
50) If Pinocchio said “My nose is about to grow”, what would happen?
51) Who copyrighted the copyright symbol?
52) Can fish drown?
53) Can you get cornered in a round room?
54) What does OK actually mean?
55) What came first – the fruit or the color orange?
56) If a person suffered from amnesia and then was cured, would they remember that they forgot?