Dary. Legendary. That’s how today felt. Why you ask?
1) Work was fun and eventful, full of “bananas” and chocolate cake. But it got even better when I remembered that today was Thursday, not Wednesday.
2) I signed up for a gym membership at LA Fitness. Technically it’s a week-to-week guest pass but whatever. My body has been craving a workout for months. Maybe even years.
3) Used the elliptical (stepper?) for 30 minutes without experiencing any side pains. A major feat.
4) Swam laps in the pool for 20 minutes without drowning or cramping in the leg.
5) Walked the dogs for 15 minutes afterwards because I felt so damn good.
Now…there’s gotta be a downside to this Thursday. I don’t go a day without at least tripping on a sidewalk, dinging my fingernail, dropping food down my bra or stepping in dog poop. So I confess. While I was exiting the swimming pool, I MAY or may not have stepped into the men’s bathroom. Without even thinking or looking for visual signs, I just walked into the first open door while hearing a guy shout (faintly in the background) “Wrong ONE!” Perhaps it was the excess water in my ears…who knows. But I was greeted with an old man bent over in the shower and, instead of thinking “Holy crap, testiclees!” I thought “Aw sad, you really do fall apart when you grow old…that lady’s got stuff hanging down between her legs and I bet she isn’t even sixty.”
Fear not. I was out of there in 6 seconds when my brain functioned rationally again. I gave the guy who shouted the warning an apologetic smile (oopsie!) and tiptoed away towards the right direction. I will not make that mistake again :)